Pastor John Bronson, Guest Speaker
First Evangelical Free Church, Maplewood, MN
“Let’s be Friends!” John 15:12–16
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.”
1. How well do you know Jesus? Colossians 1:15–23
2. How are we to relate to God the Father and Jesus?
Mark 12:30, Matthew 22:34–39, Luke 10:27, John 15:12–16
3. Am I a friend of Jesus or merely an acquaintance? Ephesians 4:29
4. Love, faith, knowledge and doubt in the Christian life. 1 Corinthians 13:4–12, John 20:24–29
5. Trying to love the God I know, trying to know the God I love.