Why do we exist
We exist to glorify God by making and maturing disciples of Jesus Christ to minister to the world with the gospel by the Holy Spirit.
Our Core Values
Who we believe we should be
- Word-centered: Jesus Christ reigns over His church through His Word. We are intentional in keeping the Word central to all ministry and teaching.
- Prayer: Conversation with God is integral to all we do. We demonstrate dependence on the Spirit of God by empowering His people for His work through prayer.
- Worship: We worship God reverently in spirit and truth. Our corporate worship is God-centered, Jesus Christ focused, and Spirit-filled.
- Community: We connect and develop meaningful relationships with other believers by serving one another, growing as disciples, being accountable, and functioning in unity.
- Discipleship: We develop people by bolstering spiritual maturity, entrusting them with ministry responsibilities, supporting godly relationships, and rooting them in essential areas of discipleship.
- Stewardship: We are generous with all the Lord has provided – our time, our talents, our spiritual gifts, and our material resources.
- Local outreach: We initiate local outreach by meeting physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the surrounding community.
- Global outreach: We initiate global outreach by mobilizing our congregation to reach people of every tribe and nation.
Where are we going in the next 3 to 5 years
For the ministry
- Building on our tradition of Bible-based preaching with practical application, while providing multiple worship services with a variety of worship styles.
- Praying for the needs of our people and seeing God’s answers to our prayers. We will regularly share how prayers are answered and how God is at work in the lives of people.
- Seizing opportunities to serve and heal others just as Jesus demonstrated love for those around Him. We will actively seek and meet the practical and spiritual needs of our congregation and community as the Spirit leads.
- Building His Kingdom by connecting with other churches and ministries to provide resources, training, and mentorship.
- Equipping pastors and lay people to be sent out and serve.
- Expanding the creative use of media at First Free for worship, communication, and outreach.
- Exercising biblical leadership with an emphasis on transparency of operations, clarity of expectations, and respect for confidentiality.
For the facility
- Continue to find ways to maximize the use and effectiveness of our current facility and the Harvest campus.
- Pay off the remaining mortgage debt.
- Enhance the ministry effectiveness of the community gardens on the Harvest campus.
- Explore options for future development on the Harvest campus and actively wait upon God’s leading in any future development of that property as well as the future use of our current facilities.
Revised June, 2015